1. Regardless of his height, he is comfortable with the way he looks around you. You don’t have to date a guy who is taller than most, but he can’t be someone who is threatened to be seen with you.
He’s perfect at 175. Since I’m an avid slouch, it works out fine. We’ll be at the same height in bed anyways. 😉
2. He genuinely makes you laugh (because he is funny, not because you think he is attractive and want to flatter him), and not a self-conscious little giggle, either. He makes you belly laugh and choke on your own laughter and tear up with laughter and laugh so hard you think you’re going to pee yourself.
His coffee shop/ah beng English as compared to my queen’s English. The difficulty he has pronouncing Daniela. His macho voice I force him to make because its suppose to make him more handsome – he’ll say whats the use.
3. He loves your laugh, even your “ugly” laugh.
My laughs are all unappealing.
4. He remembers little things about you, even things that other people might consider unimportant or too minor. He knows what your favorite dish at the Thai place is. He knows what movie you two watched on your first date. He knows the blanket you love to curl up with when you’re reading.
He remembers the days I wash my hair, my off days and what I like-like, if you know what I mean
5. Whether or not he has the same taste in music or movies as you, he is always willing to try something new that you really like, or that neither of you have seen before.
Watched a local movie and didn’t realise he didn’t like it till the end. “I saw you laughing so heartily, I just watch along lor.” I listened to Bananrama. Done deal.
6. He doesn’t put you down for liking what you like.
ALTHOUGH he despises my baby pillow….. He hugs me, hugging my baby pillow to sleep.
7. You always feel welcome around his friends, even if they aren’t the people that you would hang out with every day, and they are always friendly and open to you. There is never a point at which you feel like there is “your boyfriend” and then “the person he is around his friends.”
This is perfect because he really doesn’t have much friends. Hur hurrr.
8. His family is not perfect, because no one is, but they try their best and are good people and you feel comfortable around them.
Family in HK, he lives alone. Don’t know if this is a good thing or not.
9. He does not cheat on you, would never cheat on you, and doesn’t even give the vague, nagging suspicion that he might cheat on you at some point in the future. Regardless of the problems you may encounter, being betrayed like is simply not a possibility.
For one, he doesn’t have the time and energy to cheat on me. Thank you SAF. He lets me go out, for a girls’ night out, but I know he has his insecurities due to the drunk texting I did before – don’t blame him for that. I know my limits and I feel guilty for hanging out late and end up coming home early. Sober.
10. His vision of the future is very similar to yours, or at least is flexible enough to adjust to what you both may end up wanting. (Wasting time with someone who does not want what you want, and never will, is unfair to both of you.)
He says I must take care of him and he’ll be the househusband. I’m actually cool with that as long as I get to drive his Mercedes SLK.
11. He has a healthy relationship with going out, drinking, and socializing. He is neither completely dependent or absolutely uncomfortable with either of those things.
Lets just say that my boyfriend and I have a very very different relationship.
12. With him you are comfortable both going out together and spending time separately with your individual groups of friends — there is no need to be constantly joined at the hip, for fear that he may stray or any other reason.
Take 2 weeks absence – with no idea when he left, where he went and when he’s gonna come back, to make me learn….. Learn to understand his job. Learn to be alone. Learn to love him more.
13. He is willing to consider long-distance if it has to be done for a certain period of time, but at least ultimately has plans to be near you (because no matter how good it is, long-distance can’t last forever).
ITS ALREADY LIKE LONG DISTANCE. This sucks. I shouldn’t have started this.
14. He doesn’t have hang-ups or judgments about your body, and shows all of it affection and attention. You don’t feel ugly or uncomfortable around him, nor that you are not good enough for him physically.
That is why I love love love love him. Asked for a boob job and he said he’s fine with it. Then I asked him to pay and he replied, “why would I wanna pay for something I don’t want.” From then on, I stopped nagging about my itty bitty titties. Raw face on skype, mouth open when I fall asleep and the most embarrassing – “metal music”. He’s a keeper.
15. He has similar religious views to you — or lack thereof — or is willing to accept that you’re both different. Few things manifest in more ugly ways than the small seeds of disagreement over fundamental beliefs like religion.
He nagged on why I haven’t been to church. Then said sorry he couldn’t go with me.
16. He is open-minded, and not just about things that he doesn’t really care about. Even for more important subjects like politics or culture, he is able to listen to others and give meaningful responses without being petty or childish.
He makes sense. Period.
17. He is mature and comfortable about the human body and all of its weird functions, and doesn’t make a big deal out of things that happen naturally. Instead of feeling uncomfortable when something weird happens during sex, for example, you both just laugh.
“I wanna go shit. Tummyache.” GO LA. “So painful.” “Ok shitting” “Done. So shiok now.” Maybe its a guy thing.
18. He doesn’t make fun of you if you say you are offended or upset by something he says. He is actually capable of thinking about the consequences of his words and understanding that not all hurt is inflicted physically.
He’s usually right – cos…. He is. Not because he forces it upon me but its true. I get angry and he explains and I just shut up.
19. He votes, and understands why it’s important.
He’s an old man…..
20. He is attractive (to your own individual standard), but the vast majority of your interest in him stems from things other than what he looks like.
So so so attractive ;D
21. He respects himself enough to want all of these things from you, too.
Let’s not go there, okay?
This weekend I discovered BitTorrent. It is beyond amazeballs.
New iPod Nano 7th Gen in RED and an engraving, of my favourite quote by E.E. Cummings, I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart). Thank you thank you thank you baobei!!
Bf was home 2 days(not consecutively) the past week. San Diego next week for a day, or two. He’ll fly back after 4 hours in the city. My brain hurts from calculating the hours. Just another test of my patience again really. At least I’ll know where he is this time round. Maybe the 2nd time I know where he actually is. Good? Bad?
Maybe, just maybe, if we get married…. Nah, I should just think seeing each other everyday for a week is my goal.
I miss you so much.